Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Interview

Elise over at FairyFlutters was needing people to interview. I was needing a blog post. WIN WIN

Here is the interview:

1) Tell me how you met and fell in love w/ Chef.

We met in 1996, Sheppard AFB, TX. I was in the Air Force and lived in the dorms. He lived on the floor above me. We became friends first and hung out all the time...along with the yahoo's that lived around us. Chef was pretty persistant. I broke up with my long distance BF and all of a sudden Chef was all about being with me (read - we slept together (I'm such a whore...LOL)). I said I wasn't ready and I wasn't looking for a new boyfriend. He sure was persistant though and wouldn't EVER leave me alone. LOL he was always there for me and always so sweet and nice (what happened man...LOL). I couldn't help but fall in love with him. (He was a tad stalkerish...LOL) We married in 1997 before I headed off to Saudi for a short 4 mths. The rest they say is history.

2) When was the last time you saw the ocean? Describe how you felt when you were sinking your toes into the sand? If you've never been to ocean, you can substitute a lake. :P

When we were in Turkey we went to a lovely resort and it was right off of the Mediterranean Sea. It was beautiful and the boys had a blast. Really when I was "sinking my toes in the sand" I was a tad peeved....LOL. It sure was prettier then it felt. Now when we were in NM at the Bottomless Lakes (near Roswell) they had a small sandy beach portion and I LOVED to wiggle my toes in it. The kids all had a blast and I really enjoyed our time together there. Princess was trying to bury my feet.

3) If you could hop on a plane tomorrow and go anywhere (all by yourself) for one weekend, where would you go and why?

I would go to see one of my friends. Goodness I wouldn't be able to decide who though. Stacy - I would LOVE to spend some time with. Bonnie - I haven't seen in 8 yrs. Amy - We're friends online but have never met IRL. Coley - I had a BLAST with her that last time we were together. Sonya - she is in Guam so a weekend wouldn't be enough. SO many more....can we just all meet on a cruise ship????

4) What was the last book you read? What was your lasting impression after finishing it? (If you haven't read a book, insert movie!)

Oh goodness you just HAD to go there didn't you. I am currently re reading the Twilight series (New Moon to be specific) and at the same time reading The Host (same author). I really like how the Twilight books pull you in (even if your not into vampires - which I wasn't). I NEVER read books more then once for the enjoyment of it. Even now I am thinking and feeling things I might not of the first time around. I really enjoy them. I have read some of the excerpt from Edwards POV (here) and I can't wait for the day that Stephenie finishes it.

5) You have found $500 in your purse and you have no idea how it got there or why, how would you spend it?

I would do something fun with the kids. Pick up some new games for the DS's or Leapster or a new Wii game for all of us. We'd go out to eat and somewhere fun. The kids need some more clothes so we'd go on a shopping trip. Sounds boring huh??? I can't help it. Seeing them happy and looking good makes me happy. :-) I wouldn't mind a new pair of shoes though. LOL

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot believe you've been to Bottomless Lakes! Most people would have even heard of it besides have been there. Used to go all the time. Before I moved to TX we lived 20 miles from Roswell. My older two were born there. I almost choked when I read you'd been there. Small world!

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this, Holly? LOL Great answers! I didn't know this stuff about you. :)