Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rocky Times

Okay so I'm sure many of you have seen the PotteryBarn Chalkboard Rocks (pic below). They are only...ready for this...$16.00 (well $12.00 on sale) for a set of FOUR. Do you see four in their display picture...no, no you do not because seriously four are not gonna cut it.

Here you will see my take on those pesky rocks that we just HAVE to have. I mean how nifty are they for that person who likes to decorate all through out the year.


Now mine are not displayed in a jar or bowl because I haven't yet dragged out my Holiday decorations but really... who says you can't just display them in a tray.


It's really very simple and I'm sure you've already figured out how to do them yourself...or you've seen a similar post out there in crafty blog land. LOL I acquired various flat medium and small rocks with the help of my children and the little littles (preschoolers). After I gave them a good scrub I painted them with chalkboard paint (I would have spray painted them but I was unable to find it...grrr - would have made this SO much easier; not that it wasn't already but let's be real I am lazy) I let the paint dry for 24 hrs and then rubbed the rocks down with chalk. Rinse off and dry then write your message. Here's my 'Let it Snow"


and "Ho Ho Ho"s


I have made a TON of rocks and well SOME lucky friends are receiving their very own; when I get around to giving you gifts...LOL. Aren't you ladies lucky...you get rocks. Now now there will be other goodies...this is only PART of it. This whole project cost me under $10 for the chalkboard paint and foam brushes. My kind of craft!

15 comments:

Angie said...

What an easy idea. Coal in the stocking?

Anonymous said...

Those. Are. Adorable.

That is all.

Natalie said...

http://strawberriessparkles.blogspot.com/
Cute! Check my blog out, comment, follow, and spread the word!
<3 Natalie

Unknown said...

SOOO Beautiful post....
Thanks for sharing it and a huge smile is wide across my face!

Please visit on these keywords: -- Touch light switches | screwless light switch | remote light switch | rocker light switches | audio system | hotel light switches

Unknown said...

Really your blog is very interesting.... it contains great and unique information. I enjoyed to visiting your blog
happy wheels
super mario bros
pacman
agario

Drag Racer V3 said...

I enjoyed to visiting your blog scorehero.net

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alicetaylor said...

You’ve written nice post, I am gonna bookmark this page, thanks for info. I actually appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here.

wwf panda

Unknown said...

Thanks for the information you shared. Please share useful information with your friends regularly
http://papasgamesonline.com

Drag Racer V3 said...

Thank you very much for such an interesting post. Keep working, great job pocaauto

Unknown said...

I am looking for my memories through the stories, the narrative of people. I feel it is difficult but I will try.
povaup

alnabui said...

Your article is very interesting. I think this article has a lot of information needed, looking forward to your new posts. Get permission to share:
returnman3game.com

alicetaylor123 said...

Nice post. It would be great to read more about this theme .


http://word-cookies-answers.com

911 Play said...

Permainan poker online adalah permainan yang banyak sekali di gemari banyak orang di seluruh dunia , maka dari itu tunggu apa lagi ayo bergabung bersama kami Pokerfren sekarang juga dan raih bonus yang kami berikan di setiap harinya dan menangkan puluhan juta rupiah bersama kami dengan mudah , kami tunggu ya bosku :)

911 Play said...

The best way to store data is to continue taking money to store it. If you have a large hard drive, there is a chance it could fail at any time,Daftar Poker Online
so keep backing up your data if you do not want to lose it